60GB + 60GB Internet
60GB anytime data
60GB Night Surfer
11PM - 5AM
Step 1 - Do you have 3G coverage?
Please note: In order to take advantage of this offer you need 8ta 3G coverage.
Step 3 - Get it!
New pre-paid applicants:You must also first ensure you fall within the 8ta coverage area and then activate a new SIM with the Pre-paid Once-off Internet 60GB Promo rate plan.
This can be done at the following outlets:
Canal Walk, Cape Town | Hemmingway's Mall, East London | Maponya Mall, Gauteng | Woodlands Boulevard, Gauteng
Southgate Mall, Gauteng | Pavilion Mall, Kwazulu Natal
Canal Walk, Hemmingway’s Mall, Maponya Mall, Woodlands Boulevard, Southgate Mall and Pavilion MallThe following are participating Telkom Direct Stores that will also assist with the immediate activation of the Pre-paid per Second Billing Data Promo Plan SIM Cards:
Alberton, Amanzimtoti, Benoni, Bloemfontein, Bluff, Brits, Canal Walk, CapeGate, Cape Town, Centurion, Claremont, Clearwater, Cresta, Festival, Fourways, Gateway, Greenstone, Hatfield, Hillcrest, Hilton, Kenilworth, JHB City, Kollonade, Long Beach, Menlyn, N1 City, Nelspruit, Pietermaritzburg, Pinetown, Potgietersrus/Mokopani, Polokwane, Pinetown, South Coast Mall, Southgate, Springs, The Bridge @ Greenacres, The Glen, Thekwini, Uitenhange, Umhlanga Rocks, Vereeniging, Vincent Park, Westville, Wonderpark, Springs and Walmer Park.Standard Pre-paid per Minute and Pre-paid per Second Billing Plan SIM Cards will be available at the following participating stores however the subscriber will still need to contact the 8ta call centre on 081180 or 081183 to convert to the new Pre-paid Per Second Billing Data Promo Rate plan:
Glocell, OK, House and Home, Pick n Pay, CNA, Edcon, Jet, Otto Bros, PEP, Rhino Management Group, Telkom Direct Stores and Shoprite.The following participating 8.ta stores will be able to assist iPad Pre-paid users to activate a new Pre-paid Micro SIM card; with immediate access to the Pre-paid per Second Billing Data Promo Rate Plan:
Canal Walk, Hemmingway’s Mall, Maponya Mall, Woodlands Boulevard, Southgate Mall and Pavilion MallThe following are participating Telkom Direct stores that will also assist iPad Pre-paid users to activate a new Pre-paid Micro SIM card; with immediate access to the Pre-paid per Second Billing Data Promo Rate Plan:
Alberton, Amanzimtoti, Benoni, Bloemfontein, Bluff, Brits, Canal Walk, CapeGate, Cape Town, Centurion, Claremont, Clearwater, Cresta, Festival, Fourways, Gateway, Greenstone, Hatfield, Hillcrest, Hilton, Kenilworth, KHB City, Kollonade, Long Beach, Menlyn, N1 City, Nelspruit, Pietermaritzburg, Pinetown, Potgietersrus/Mokopani, Polokwane, Pinetown, South Coast Mall, Southgate, Springs, The Bridge @ Greenacres, The Glen, Thekwini, Uitenhange, Umhlanga Rocks, Vereeniging, Vincent Park, Westville, Wonderpark, Springs and Walmer Park.
Altech Autopage (www.autopage.co.za)
View map of 8ta flagship stores and Telkom Direct stores
1. What is the Pre-paid 60GB + 60GB Internet?
The 60GB + 60GB Internet is a Pre-paid internet bundle that allows you to use 60GB to browse the internet during the day (between 5am and 11pm) with an additional free 60GB for use at night between 11pm and 5am.
2. How much does it cost?
The data bundle costs R1800, once-off.
3. How long is the bundle valid for?
The bundle is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
4. Will I need to sign a contract to access this offer?
No. This will be a once-off / ad-hoc purchase, which gives you the freedom to purchase affordable Pre-paid data bundles as and when you need to. No contract is required.
5. What makes this offer unique? Why should I purchase it?
This is a Pre-paid bundle with no contract. The bundle is valid for 12 months, which makes it ideal for customers who do not want to be bound by a contract.
6. How do I access the 60GB + 60GB Internet bundle?
Since this offer is Telkom Mobile network coverage dependent a store agent will first have to verify that you fall within the coverage area. In line with regulations for purchasing any Pre-paid service, you will then need to complete the RICA process at the outlet. You will then be required to load airtime onto your SIM and purchase the 60GB + 60GB Internet bundle at R 1800 by dialling *180# and following the bundle purchase prompts as outlined below:
- Dial *180#
- From the 8ta Account Menu, select Bundle Purchases.
- From the Select Bundles Menu, select Data Bundle option.
- Select the 60GB + 60GB Internet R 1800 option.
- Confirm your request.
7. Will existing Pre-paid subscribers have access to the 60GB + 60Gb Internet bundle?
Existing Pre-paid subscribers with Pre-paid per minute, Pre-paid per second, Pre-paid per Second data promo and 8ta more SIM cards will have access to purchase the 60GB + 60GB Internet from the 20th March 2013. The 60GB + 60GB Internet bundle is only available on Telkom Mobile network.
8. Where can I use the 60GB + 60GB Internet bundle?
The service can only be used where Telkom Mobile has 3G coverage.
9. How do I know if 8ta coverage is available in my area?
Before purchasing any of the data products, a coverage check has to be done via the following link: http://www.8ta.com/coverage/8tanetwork or SMS your address to 43482 e.g. SMS ‘61 Oak Avenue, Centurion’ to 43482 (HEITA)
10. How long will the 60GB + 60GB Internet bundle offer be valid for?
This promotional bundle will be available for a limited period only.
11. Can I opt to have the bundle without the 60GB Night Surfer Bundle?
No. Neither the 60GB Internet nor the 60GB Night Surfer Bundle can be purchased as stand-alone bundles.
12. Is there a limit to the number of times I can purchase the 60GB + 60GB Internet bundle?
No. You may purchase this bundle as many times as you wish.
13. Will I be able to make voice calls as well?
14. What will happen after the expiry of the 60GB + 60GB Internet?
The 60GB + 60GB Internet will run for a limited period only. Upon expiry of the promotion, users will be migrated to the normal Pre-paid billing rate plan.
15. Will the 60GB + 60GB Internet bundle work on LTE.
No. 60GB + 60GB internet bundle is a Pre-paid offer and will not be available on Telkom Mobile LTE network and is only avaliable on Telkom Mobile 3G network.
16. Will the 60GB + 60GB Internet bundle subscriber have access to Wi-Fi.
60GB + 60GB internet bundle subscribers will have access to Telkom Mobile Wi-Fi service based upon their current rate plan and product specific Wi-Fi rules.
17. Will I be charged the same rate for out-of-bundle rates when I’ve used all my in-bundle data?
No. All out-of-bundle data is charged at a rate of R1.00 per MB.
18. Does the Once-Off Internet 60GB Promo Bundle include a modem?
No. The Once-Off Internet 60GB Promo Bundle does not include a device. Customers have the freedom to utilise their existing compatible modems or buy a compatible modem that suits their needs. The following data modems are available at Telkom Mobile stores:
19. How do I flash the Huawei data device with 8ta Connect?
Please download the PDF document on how to flash the Huawei data device by clicking here.
1. Telkom Mobile’s Standard Terms and Conditions apply (full details on www.8ta.com/terms/).
2. RICA shall apply.
- “All Networks” shall mean – All Networks internet bundle that is available on the Telkom Mobile network and MTN roaming
- “Telkom Mobile” shall mean a – Telkom Mobile internet bundle is available only on the Telkom Mobile network. Subscribers will be required to check for coverage at www.8ta.com/coverage/.
4. This promotional offer is available for a limited period only.
5. The SIM card needs to be recharged with enough Airtime Credit, greater or equal to R1800 to be able to purchase the 60GB + 60GB internet.
6. To purchase the 60GB + 60GB internet dial *180# from your handset or from the USSD facility on your Telkom Mobile Connect dashboard or via Telkom Mobile Self Service Portal
7. The 60GB + 60GB internet is valid for a 12 (twelve) month period from date of activation.
8. The 60GB Night Surfer Data Bundle can only be used to access internet between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m
9. No modems will be bundled with this offer and customers will have the freedom to use existing modems or buy a modem that suits their needs. Data modems will be available in store. The device speed has an impact on the network speed experienced by the subscriber.
10. There is no limit to the number of 60GB + 60GB internet that a subscriber can purchase in a month.
11. Subscription to Telkom Mobile services is subject to Telkom Mobile 3G network coverage and network availability.
12. The service is a best-effort service and no guarantees are provided on availability or throughput.
13. This offer will only be offered on Telkom Mobile 3G network and the subscriber will not be able to roam on MTN’s network or Telkom Mobile LTE network. To check where you can use the 60GB + 60GB internet please click on this link: http://8ta.com/coverage/8tanetwork/ or SMS your address to 43482 e.g. SMS ‘61 Oak Avenue, Centurion’ to 43482 (HEITA)
14. Telkom Mobile shall not be held responsible for failure to access internet at locations where Telkom Mobile does not have coverage and the service experience may change from time to time.
15. Telkom Mobile shall endeavour to ascertain that 3G coverage is always available where Telkom Mobile claims to have 3G coverage.
16. A compatible device is required to use Telkom Mobile services. The maximum speed that can be experienced by the customer is dependent on the speed specification of the device.
17. The out of bundle rate of R1.00 per megabyte will apply.
18. 60GB + 60GB internet bundle subscribers will have access to Telkom Mobile Wi-Fi service based upon their current rate plan and product specific Wi-Fi rules.
19. Telkom Mobile is not liable for any loss or damage to your property or equipment arising out of the provision, installation or maintenance and use of the service.
20. Telkom Mobile will not incur any liability whatsoever for any loss or damage as a result of any use, authorised or unauthorised, resulting from virus attacks, security vulnerabilities or loss of information.
21. Telkom mobile services support soft-cell handover.
22. All prices include VAT.
23. SMS is enabled for normal usage, notification and balance enquiry.
24. Standard once-off internet bundles will expire at the end of the next calendar month from the date of activation.
25. The service application process will only commence on the presentation of necessary supportive documentation.
26. Prices are valid at date of print. E&OE.