Value Added Services
8ta offers a range of Valued Added Services with all our mobile voice contracts. Some are at no additional cost, while others are optional.
|VOICE ON DATA|
Voice on Data is a new value added service that allows data contract subscribers to make voice calls with their data SIM cards. It’s available to new and existing post-paid and hybrid plans and includes free calls to the 8ta/Telkom Mobile call centre.
|FREE VALUE ADDED SERVICES||NUMBER||RATE|
|Prepaid Customer Care||188||Free|
|National Emergency Services||112||Free|
|8ta Call Me||Dial *140* (recipient’s cellphone number) # to send an 8ta Call Me||Free|
|BILLABLE VALUE ADDED SERVICES|
|Itemised Billing||Not applicable||R17.00/month|
What is voice on data?
A: Is a service that will allow subscribers to make voice calls using their data contract SIM cards.
Which plans is voice on data available to?
A: Voice service is available to all data contract plans; new and existing.
How does voice on data benefit me?
A: You will be able to make voice calls using your contract data SIM cards. Calling call centers using these contract data SIM cards is now going to be possible.
How much I am going to be charged to make a voice call?
A: Subscribers will be billed for voice usage to all national destinations at a maximum rate of R2.75 per minute on a per second billing increment.
Do I get charged if I call customer care?
A: All calls to customer care from any Telkom Mobile number will be zero rated.
Is there subscription paid to enable voice services on data contract SIM cards?
A: No, there is no subscription fee paid for voice services. You will only be billed for voice usage.
What are the dependencies?
A: Data package needs to be activated first before the voice service can be activated.
Can I remove the voice service if I no longer want it?
A: Yes, the voice service can be removed immediately when requested.
Where do I get assistance?
A: For any assistance regarding voice on data service you can contact Telkom Mobile call centers at 181 and 183 or 081 181 and 081 183 from a non-Telkom Mobile number.
Which plans are excluded for this?
A: All prepaid and voice packages are excluded in this service.
Will international calling be possible?
A: Yes, you will be able to make international calls but you will have to apply for it to be provisioned.
Are the following voice features; voicemail, international roaming, CLIP and CLIR available?
A: Yes, voice features like; voicemail, international roaming, international calling, CLIP and CLIR are available but optional to all the data plans.
What will happen to other voice features if I cancel the voice service?
A: If the subscriber cancels the voice service attached to his/her data package, the voice service must be cancelled immediately including other voice features attached to it e.g. CLIP.
How is it going to work for hybrid customers?
A: Hybrid customers don’t have spend limit, they will need to purchase airtime to be able to make calls, but calls to call centre will be zero rated.
- Telkom Mobile’s Standard terms and conditions apply (full details on www.telkommobile.co.za).
- RICA shall apply.
- This service will be available to all new and existing data contract subscribers.
- The voice service on data contract SIM cards will be available to subscribers at no cost, no subscription will be charged to enable it.
- Subscribers will be billed for voice usage to all national destinations at a maximum rate of R2.75 per minute on a per second billing increment.
- Calls from any Telkom Mobile number to customer care will be zero rated.
- Telkom Mobile is not liable for any loss or damage to your property or equipment arising out of the provision, installation or maintenance and use of the service.
- Telkom Mobile will not incur any liability whatsoever for any loss or damage as a result of any use, authorised or unauthorised, resulting from virus attacks, security vulnerabilities, and loss of information.
- Telkom Mobile shall not be held responsible for failure to access Internet at locations where Telkom Mobile does not have coverage and the service experience may change from time to time.
- elkom Mobile shall make all reasonable efforts to keep the service up and running and troubleshoot any problems that arise in good time where possible.
- Customers who require assistance with the service itself should make use of the Help and FAQ’s.
- Customers who have queries should contact customer care at 180 from their cellular phone or 081 180 from any other number.