BlackBerry Enterprise Server
The tools and functionalities of BlackBerry® solutions are a pivotal contributor to the success of many enterprises. BlackBerry® supports a large number of on-device applications that allow advanced business tools to be used anywhere, anytime where there is mobile coverage. There are two BlackBerry® services on offer:
BlackBerry® Internet Service (BIS) – R59 per month per subscriber
BIS is a BlackBerry® Internet Service subscription aimed at small organisations that do not have a BES Plus capability. It provides small organisations with unlimited on-device wireless access to their e-mail, internet, BlackBerry® Messenger (BBM) and various BlackBerry® applications.
BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 5.0 (BES) – R89 per month per subscriber
A BlackBerry solution for corporations who need ultimate security and control. The complete, end-to-end, wireless solution for corporate environments who run their own servers. The BlackBerry Enterprise Solution is the only totally integrated package to offer BlackBerry® smartphones, desktop tools, secure administration, technical support, application development and BlackBerry® Enterprise Server in one.
Why choose BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 5.0?
- Email: Email folder management, flagging and the ability to search for emails on the device. Out-of-office notifications are also easily updated from your BlackBerry smartphone.
- Calendar: Send out, respond to or forward meeting invitations. And with the Free/Busy Lookup feature, you can look at your colleagues’ availability and choose a time that works for everyone.
- Address Book: Quick and easy access to business contacts. Contacts added in Microsoft® Outlook automatically synchronises with the address book on your BlackBerry smartphone (and vice versa), with no need to connect the device to the computer. Synchronise multiple contact folders, personal distribution lists and more.
- Documents and files: Open, view, save or email files directly from your BlackBerry smartphone. Popular supported file formats include JPEG, Adobe® PDF, Microsoft® Word, Microsoft® Excel® and Microsoft® PowerPoint®.
- Use the “Files” application on your BlackBerry smartphone to access remote files on your company’s network.
- Productivity applications for business and life: Expand the utility of your BlackBerry smartphone by accessing business applications you already use via your BlackBerry® smartphone.
- Instant messaging and social networking: Take instant messaging and social networking out of the office. BlackBerry smartphones all include BlackBerry® Messenger (BBM™), or use web-based IM and social networking solutions like Windows Live™ Messenger, Google Talk™, Twitter™ and Facebook®.
8ta offers BES+ (BIS and BES in one)
This allows a user to access the company BES server, providing the user with on-device unlimited access to their work e-mail, intranet and BlackBerry® applications selected by the organisation. Users will also have access to activate their personal email and internet browsing.
Please contact Telkom Business Mobile for more information.